My primary research interests are in the field of Health Economics and Econometrics, more in particular, in Technology Diffusion and Hospital Efficiency, Health Technology Assessment and Policy Evaluation. All these fields of research are analysed from an empirical perspective.
I am currently involved in three main projects:
- CRES (UPF) - Obra Social de la Caixa: "Physical Activity and Mental Health" with Helena Hernández-Pizarro
Prize for the best paper ("The creep of the robots") presented at the Spanish Health Economics Association Meeting, University of Castilla la Mancha, Albacete (2019) by a young researcher. Funded by "Cátedra CaixaBank-Fedea".
Maynou, L., Ordóñez, J. and Silva, J.I. (2019). NEET rates convergence in Europe: a regional analysis. Regional studies (2nd R&R)
Maynou, L. and Cairns, J. (2019). Disagreement on cancer drug decisions in Europe.International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care (2nd R&R)
Maynou, L., Morley, B., Montfort, M. and Ordóñez, J. (2019). House price convergence across Europe. Regional Science and Urban Economics (under review)
Hernández-Pizarro, H., Maynou, L., Herisson, M. and Saez, M. (2019). Physical activity and mental health: a systematic review. American Journal of Health Promotion (under review)
Hernández-Pizarro, H., Maynou, L., Herisson, M. and Saez, M. (2019). Physical activity and mental health: a
systematic review. Health Policy Papers Collection
2019 - 09, CRES-UPF
Maynou, L., McGuire, A., Serra-Sastre, V. (2019). Exploring the
impact of new medical technology on workforce planning. Discussion Paper Series No.
19/07, UK: City, University of
Serra, L. and Maynou, L. (2019). How different socioeconomic conditions affect economic inequality in the Catalan regions.
Maynou, L. (2016). Restrictive vs Non-Restrictive drug reimbursement systems: evidence from the European countries. CRESWP#201612-95
Maynou, L. and Cairns, J. (2016). An Empirical Analysis of Drug Reimbursement Decisions in 10 European countries. Working Paper LSHTM-THETA nº2.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- "The creep of the robots" (joint with McGuire, A., LSE, Serra-Sastre, V., City, University London, Troutman, G., LSE)
- "Research productivity: Has the Research Excellence Framework 2014 worked? In which way?" (joint with Albert Banal-Estanyol, UPF and City, University of London, Mireia Jofre-Bonet, OHE and City, University of London, and Giulia Iori, City, University of London, Michael Tumminello, and Pietro Vassallo, University of Palermo)
- "The lower physical activity, the lower mental wellbeing: evidence from Catalonia" (joint with Hernández-Pizarro, H., CRES-UPF, and S. Duran-Altayó, UPF)
- "Emergency and Urgent Care pathways" (joint with Andrew Street, LSE)
- "The Effect of Deaths of Despair on the Brexit Referendum Outcome" (joint with Alistair McGuire, LSE)